I’ve posted about
Benjamin Zander before, but it’s always great to see him present again with a live demo for a mini master class! Zander rocks along with Rozie (Zanders inspiration)! Buy his book “The Art of Possibility“.
“Opportunity is always one sentence away.”
“Always give an A!”
“When you make a mistake, say, HOW FASCINATING!”
“The only conductor to ever lead the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra, Zander is a prophet of human potential and an unrivaled champion of joie de vivre. Watch as he helps unlock the boundless potential of a 15 year old cellist and teaches the entire Pop!Tech audience what it means to live in a world of possibility. “
“Journalist, author and former pirate radio DJ Matt Mason argues that if you can’t stop the pirates – and you can’t – you should figure out how to out-compete them (like Apple did). Mason is an ardent believer that where there’s piracy, there’s market failure – and a big opportunity for organizations smart enough to understand that “you should talk to marketing before you talk to legal.”
The Pirates Dilemma book!
Fritz Panzer creates this oddly creepy but very cool diminishing wire escalator.
Yasuaki Chiba rethinks the everyday cloths hanger making it a bit easier to slip that second arm into the shirt. Pretty clever.. I’ll have to try it out. Buy it here.
Seongyong Lee added a little air bubble to his utensils designs which float them like buoys with handles in the air, and a nice scooper for your punch bowl!
art, design, experience, food, fun, ideas, information, inspiration, materials, style, tech, thoughts on .
October 29, 2008 1 Comment
Juan Enriquez (2008) Pop!Tech Pop!Cast from PopTech on Vimeo.
Juan Enriquez presents a vigorous 10 point commandment plan to save the US economy for our next president during Pop!Tech 2008. Watch the video here with more info on joining to help out including a pdf of his presentation!
Buy Juan’s books here.
Copied from the
current wiki here:
IMMEDIATE ACTIONS FOR THE COUNTRY AND PRESIDENT ELECT DURING THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION’S FIRST 60 DAYS:
1. We have to save the dollar (AAA rating in jeopardy)
2. We have to fundamentally and brutally restructure debt
3. All entitlements are fair game.
4. Cut back military by 2% per year for ten years
5. Cap medical costs at 18% GNP (going to be a cat fight, but we need to have it)
6. We have to triage our support for companies (don’t attempt to save dying whales)
7. The program has to be fundamentally American, meaning it must once again limit the federal government.
8. Simplify and broadly apply Sarbanes Oxley – apply it to government, apply it to hedge funds
9. We will invest in growing start up companies (which create the most jobs – this is where the economy is growing)
10. We will treat education as a varsity sport (and continue to recruit foreign PhDs)
I’m off to Camden Maine again for this years “ Pop!Tech 2008:Scarcity and Abundance” Conference! This years lineup of speakers and musicians are awesome! I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to post, but make sure to watch the FREE live online video stream!(9am-6:30am EST) Check out the entire speaker list and schedule here, otherwise I’ll list a few highlights below:
Chris Anderson, Editor Wired magazine
– Stephen Badylak, Regenerative Medicine
– Malcolm Gladwell, Tipping Point, Blink, New Yorker
– Van Jones, human rights and civil rights activist
– Jay Parkinson, online doctor
– Clay Shirky, all things web
– Frank Warren, Post Secret Founder
– Benjamin Zander, renaissance musician
– Imogen Heap, musician
– Erin Mckean, lexicographer
– Chris Jordan, photographer
– the unusual, suspenseful, mind blowing, amazing!!!
art, brand, design, entertainment, ideas, information, inspiration, me, Poptech, tech on .
October 21, 2008
Leave a comment